Zambians in diaspora have endorsed President Hakainde Hichilema of the UPND. In a meeting held Yesterday in Central London, Zambians from all walks of life and political parties (UPND,PF,NAREP,ADD and MMD) resolved to endorse the candidature of president Hichilema. They are convinced that HH is the only candidate with vibrancy, energy, knowledge and Commitment to liberate Zambia from its economic disasters.
At the same meeting, Zambians asked the UPND to seriously commit themselves to improving the lives of many Zambians. They asked the UPND to adhere to the following commitments or they risk being voted out of power.
Zambians in diaspora demand UPND to:-
- Deliver economic liberation and empower poor Zambians.
- Seriously commit on the dual Citizenship to help skills transfer.
- Pay the Farmers that have not been paid by PF Government up to now, since supplying maize in July 2014.
- Give poor student’s Bursaries and increase their meal allowances.
- Reduce the price fuel and mealie meal.
- Reduce the government spending on by-elections and direct such resources to improve health and education.
- Reduce the size of government unlike the present situation that has over 63 Ministers
- Improve Health facilities and buy modern diagnostic machines and Provide medicine in hospitals for Poor Zambians
- Pay back the loan of $7 Billion obtained in 3 years by PF Government
- Lower the cost of doing business
- Provide free education for majority of poor Zambians
- Remove wage freeze and employment freeze for suffering civil servants and unemployed youths in Zambia
- Create REAL jobs for Zambians and not jobs of rehabilitating roads.
- Last but not the least, Give Zambians a people driven constitution.
by Larry Mweetwa PhD candidate