Curry spiced Chicken and green beans
Prep time 10 mins | Cook time 20 mins
- 4 chicken thighs, 4 chicken drumsticks (on the bone, with skin on)
- Thumb size piece of ginger, diced
- 2 medium sized red onions, chopped
- 2 tsps garlic powder
- 2 tsps curry powder
- 2 tsps mixed spice seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 heaped tsps of sea salt
- 1 packet of gluten free pasta (rice or potatoes)
- 2 handfuls of green beans
- 2 tbsps of cooking oil (vegetable oil, coconut oil or olive oil)
- 2 tbsps of vanilla yogurt (or plain yogurt)
Prepare the pasta and green beans according to the instructions on the packets, and then set aside.
In a medium sized frying pan, heat the cooking oil, on a medium heat. Meanwhile, cut the chicken into small pieces and place it in a medium sized bowl. Add the curry powder, mixed spice, paprika and sea salt; mix well and then add to the frying pan. Cook until browned.
Now add the ginger, onions and garlic powder. Mix well and cook until the onions and ginger are cooked, 5 minutes. Add about 4 tbsps of water to create a stew; you can add more water if you want more of a stew.
Add the green beans to the chicken, and then add two tbsps of vanilla yogurt and mix well.
Pour the chicken over the pasta and serve hot. You can also serve this with rice, or potatoes.