The vacationing Chipmunks and Chipettes are turning a luxury cruise liner into their personal playground, until they become ‘chipwrecked’ on a remote island. As the ‘Munks and Chipettes try various schemes to find their way home, they accidentally discover their new turf is not as deserted as it seems.
Interesting kids movie ,with some funny moments.
- If you haven’t watched the first two Alvin and the chipmunks movies , you will be a bit lost in this one. There is no back story or explanation about the talking chipmunks.
- There is too much singing and too many pop culture references that add nothing to the plot of the movie.
- Jenny Slate’s character, Zoe , was not really necessary as she seemingly did not do anything until the end of the movie.
- Dave: Are you going to charge me twenty five dollars a bag?
- Flight Attendant: Of course not sir. It’s twenty five dollars for the first bag and forty dollars for each additional bag.
- Ian: Dave… I barely cared about what you said about the first two. I can’t imagine the ‘big boned’ one being any more interesting.
I originally had low expectations for this movie , but it was actually a pretty good movie. The storyline was flat and predictable , but for a kids movie its ok. Its a great movie to take your kids to , they will really enjoy it.
1 out of 5