While not yet definitive, a clearer picture of what might have caused singer Whitney Houston’s death has emerged. The New York Daily News is reporting that the singer was found submerged under water in her hotel bathtub after falling unconscious during a drug and alcohol induced stupor.
A pharmacy’s worth of sedatives and anti-anxiety medications were found in the room, including Valium, Xanax, Lorazepam and another sleeping pill according to the report.
An autopsy was performed on the singer Sunday, but results of toxicology tests won’t be known for weeks.
“At this time, her cause of death is deferred pending toxicology and further testing,” said Los Angeles County Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter. “I know there are reports that she drowned or overdosed. We won’t make the final determination until all the tests are in.”
TMZ initially reported that Houston had water in her lungs at the time of death adding to speculation she accidentally drowned. But according to their latest report Houston may have died before slipping beneath the water.
Houston’s family has reportedly been told by L.A. County Coroner officials that she died from a mixture of alcohol and prescription drugs.
The New York Daily News
Lets celebrate the life of the legendary Whitney Houston
My love is your love
I Wanna Dance With Somebody
I Will Always Love You
Saving All My Love For You
May her soul rest in peace