Two children die after eating suspected poisonous mushrooms
Two children are reported to have died in Shangombo District after eating suspected poisonous mushrooms.
Shangombo Council Secretary Mwiya Mwiya confirmed the death of the minors to ZANIS in Shangombo today.
Mr. Mwiya said three children from Likomeno village in Silowana area in Shangombo district were left at home by their parents who had gone to the fields.
He explained that while the parents were away the children went to the cattle kraal and collected some mushrooms which they cooked and ate.
Mr. Mwiya said two of the three children later died after eating the mushrooms while one survived after having vomited.
Police Commanding Officer Vael Muzwenga could not confirm the matter.