9.5 C
Alba Iulia
Monday, August 10, 2020

Two family members die in an inferno

Rural News Two family members die in an inferno

Fire

Another victim of an inferno that burnt a family of six members killing one on the spot in Sinazongwe district has died.

The sister to the victim Beauty Mabole confirmed the death of his brother Ferdinand Hamuguyu that he died on Thursday in the afternoon after he was referred to the University Teaching Hospital (UTH) for specialist medication on Tuesday.

“I just saw fire in the night when I went to the sitting room I found my children being burnt, including my husband, I came back in the bedroom and I had no where to run to because the house has no windows.

I shouted for help from neighbours who came and started putting off the fire. It was too late my girl Ivenia Hamuguyu was already burnt to death,” Mrs Hamuguyu said.


Ms Mabole said his son Martin Mabole who is 15 years old is still admitted to UTH were he was referred together with his late uncle Hamuguyu.

She said the wife to the late Hamuguyu together his four year old son was still admitted to Maamba Hospital while a two year old boy has been discharged.

Maamba Hospital Superintendent Dr Chimika Phiri disclosed that the condition of Purity Hamuguyu and her four year old son Ivan Hamuguyu is stable.

Dr. Phiri said the four year old boy sustained 25 percent burns and he was responding well to medication.
He said the condition of the Late Hamuguyu who sustained 75 percent burns was severe and it resulted to his referring to UTH for specialist treatment.

On Tuesday around 01 hours the entire family for the late Hamuguyu was burnt and a seven year old girl Ivenia Hamuguyu died on the spot as a result of suffocation.

Ms Hamuguye who is also still admitted to Maamba Hospital said she does not know the cause of the fire.

“I just saw fire in the night when I went to the sitting room I found my children being burnt, including my husband, I came back in the bedroom and I had no where to run to because the house has no windows.

I shouted for help from neighbours who came and started putting off the fire. It was too late my girl Ivenia Hamuguyu was already burnt to death,” Mrs Hamuguyu said.

However, Maamba Police retrieved a container of petrol from the house which was suspected to be the cause of the fire.

9 COMMENTS

  1. Too bad for this family. May those who survive have the courage to soldier on. May the Almighty be with them. Petrol is flammable and should not be kept in the house.

  2. 🙁 I am saddened by your loss. It is so sad that people still put petrol and the house. A windowless too is not ideal for many reasons. I wish you Godspeed in your healing process

  3. Am so sorry for that fatal incident that caused the loss of yo family, but yu know that ventilation is the most important what ever it si, a tent, cabin nd wy container of petrol in da hse , further investigation is need from yu sister, lets hope its not a sacrifice my dear, nowadays things ve changed.%-(%-(%-(%-(~X(~X(~X([-x[-x[-x[-x:o:o:o:o

  4. I would like to say sorry to this family and let the almighty God comfort those u have survived.Let also this be a lesson to the lest of us put petrol in our houses.

  5. When we call on his name, he will always listen and provide for the needy. He is Jehova. He will surely be at bedside and comfort the victims.

  6. Very sad news for the family involved. Am surprised nobody has yet blamed RB and the MMD administration as causing this fire because of poverty blah, blah, blah.

Comments are closed.

- Advertisement -
Loading...
- Advertisement -

Latest News

HH Donates a 37 Passenger Seat Rosa bus to Pilgrim Wesleyan Church

UNITED PARTY FOR NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT President Hakainde Hichilema this morning fulfilled his pledge of a 37 Passenger Seat Rosa...

Learning from doctors who have successfully handled COVID-19 cases

South Africa has the fifth-highest number of confirmed COVID-19 infections in the world and accounts for the highest number of cases in Africa. Despite...

Some Civil servants are forcing Farmers to sell maize to FRA-Farmers Union

The Zambia National Farmers’ Union has discovered a scam where some civil servants; including Camp Officers and District Commissioners have been threatening farmers of...

Police Officers who have received their retirement benefits immediately vacate Police houses

Home Affairs Minister Stephen Kampyongo has directed that retired Police Officers who have received their retirement benefits immediately vacate Police houses. Mr Kampyongo said the...

Go for COVID-19 Test at Designated Centres, Avoid Rapid Test, Health Minister Urges the Public

Health Minister Dr. Chilufya urged citizens to ensure that they go for tests in designated government and private laboratories to avoid being duped...

More Articles In This Category