Lusaka Resident Magistrate Greenwell Mulamani has ruled that the case in which four people have been charged with ritual killing of seven people should be heard by the Lusaka High Court.
This was after the four suspects appeared before Magistrate Mulamani Tuesday afternoon.
Magistrate Mulamani said the suspects could not take plea as the matter is a criminal offence which will be transferred to the High Court.
He has since set 20th May, 2016 has been date for mention.
The four suspects are two Army Soldiers, a Zambia air force civilian employee and a traditional doctor.
They have been arrested and jointly charged with seven counts of murder which happened in Lusaka’s George compound between March 16 and April 17 2016.
The four had been identified as Luck Siame, Lewis Chishimba Bwalya, Christopher Kasapo and Elvis Nyanga.
“The accused include two army soldiers, a Zambia air force civilian employee and a traditional doctor. All the murders which the accused have been charged with were committed in a similar manner by crushing the left side of the head, removing body parts and later dumping the deceased near their homes or a nearby drinking place. “In all the incidences, a stone was found near the deceased’s body,” Police Spokesperson Charity Munganga Chanda said.
Home Affairs Minister Davies Mwila recently revealed that police had arrested twelve people to help with investigation on the killings but only four people have so far appeared before the Courts of law.