A 21 year old man of Chienge district has died after attempting to rescue his seven months pregnant sister from a burning house.

Confirming the development to ZANIS, Chienge District Commissioner (DC), Davies Kasongole, said the fire incident happened at around 11:00 hours on Monday, January 21, 2019.

Mr Kasongole has identified the deceased as John Mwaka of Kamansansa Village in Senior Chief Puta’s Chiefdom and his sister as 35 year old Susan Chabu, also from the same village

He said the fire started after cooking oil which was boiling burst into flames and engulfed the grass thatched house where the cooking was taking place.

The DC said it was at that point that Mwaka rushed into the burning house in an attempt to rescue his sister but he also ended up being trapped by the fire.

Mr Kasongole said while trapped in the house, Mwaka sustained 90 percent burns while Ms Chabu sustained 60 percent burns.

He said the trapped relatives were rescued by their neighbors who broke part of the house walls and that Police Officers who rushed to the scene took the victims to Chienge District Hospital.

Mr Kasongole said Mwaka however, died yesterday at around 14:00 hours while, his sister is still admitted at the same Health facility in a critical condition.

The DC said the remains of the deceased were transported to Kamansansa Village for burial.

[Read 3,545 times, 1 reads today]
Loading...

15 COMMENTS

  1. What a brave young man!!!! These are the men who need to be honored. Even in his death he has showed braveness unlike the father to Shaka Zulu who showed cowardice even in his death as his son Shaka would say. Kakakakakakaka

    9

    2
    • I doubt they would have worked. Do you know how fast the fire burns a thatched house? Please let us comment with sober minds.

      3

      0
  2. Chiyengi needs needs one those things that the twenty five tax payer money wasters have gone to get from America .I hope there are roads for them to function .

    3

    2
  3. WHERE WAS THE MAN WHO DID MANJIMELA ON THE SISTER? ALSO 11:00HRS OF FIRE BURNING MEANS ALMOST HALF OF THE DAY AND PEOPLE COULDNT BE RESCUED? THE POLICE OFFICERS INSTEAD OF HELIPING WHERE BUSY GETTING VIDEOS AH..THESE SMART PHONES AWE MWANDI. WISH SISTER QUICK RECOVERY AND MWAKA MHSRIP , HOW COME CHIENGI THEIR IS COOKING OIL.

    1

    0

Comments are closed.