
THE Office of the Attorney General has written to countries where former President Rupiah Banda’s son, Henry, could possibly be hiding to help the Zambia Police bring him back home.
Police have already issued an international arrest warrant for Henry, who has failed to appear before a combined team of State investigators after they summoned him.
Attorney General Mumba Malila said in an interview in Lusaka on Thursday that his office has sent letters to a number of countries within and outside the Southern African region to help the police bring Henry back home.
“My office has written to a number of countries within and outside the Southern African region to help the Zambia Police Service bring back home the former President’s son, Henry, who is wanted by the police.
“The letters were sent last week and we are just waiting for official response from these countries,” Mr Malila said.
He, however, could not state the charges the police are likely to slap on Henry who has failed to avail himself before a combined team of state investigators that summoned him a couple of months ago.
Henry is said to have fled to Kenya following allegations of corrupt activities levelled against him.
The Interpol office in France, Lyon, is said to have published the red notice to all the 190 Interpol member countries and also posted it on their website.
This is the signal for all affiliate police forces to enforce the international arrest warrant issued against Henry recently.
Henry has previously been named in connection with a multi-billion dollar deal for the sale of assets belonging to Zamtel to Libya’s LAP Green Networks.
He is also wanted in connection with what police say are serious cases that could have been committed when his father was in power.
His name and that of former Minister of Communications and Transport Dora Siliya have been linked to a Cayman Islands-registered company that was paid up to US$12.6 million to evaluate the repossessed Zamtel assets.
The value of the assets is alleged to have been reduced to less than US$20 million when the real market value was much higher.
The Sebastian Zulu commission of inquiry recently stated that the assets of Zamtel were not evaluated countrywide and that the sale was only based on the value of assets in Lusaka.
[Zambia Daily Mail]
How could a company that is only worth a few hundred million dollars be in the “muti billion dollar deal” to sell its assets?????? Its just witch hunt Sata style.Even HH could have been better than this “Christian’ in statehouse.
this tells us that henry had something to do with plundering.why is he afraid of coming back if he’s innocent? you will be found ma car car iwe
Henry Banda just moved in next door ….I live on Mars
#1, just what the hell are you talking about? Is a few hundred millions dollars not multi billion kwachas? Kupusa uleke, galu ya chiwewe wena!
terminal, you shoul read properly, its says above – “multy billion dollar”.You are too quick to insult. Chill out!
Its a democratic right for a citizen not to respond to call out made by disillusioned cadres and vigilante like Malama when seen aimlessly taking 46 purchased bags of meal meal found at an old Mama Kunda’s farm house as plunder. Besides it all where a highly learned citizen knows that he is being called to appear before unconstitutional kangaloo task-force Sata under Mwanawasa said was illegal and political. If this tyrannical regime of visionless xenophobes had ever shown traits of the rule of law, constitutionalism, accused citizens could be compelled to cut important thing they are doing overseas and respond to the calls.
i only hope the comment pa #5 above has not been posted by JAMES himself.
i only hope the comment pa #5 above has not been posted by HENRY himself.
Ask Xaviour to tell everyone where the safe house is.
guys, the guilty are afraidand go into hiding. You and I who have no issues with the law are not in hiding. Let him come back to Zambia if he is as innocent as someon this forum claim.
# 1 you are an idiot.Do you have even a million dollars?Ilichipuba sana.Henry stole and that is why is running from the law.The guilty are always afraid!!
RB was right. These guys are liers. Check the Interpol website and there are only 3 Zambians wanted there. Henry Banda is not one of them. So which Interpol is this?
Would it not make sense for the alleged crimes James has committed to be listed especially if he is going to be put on the interpol website?
He is probably in Chipata, hiding in those bushes near chizongwe secondary school, surving on imbeba and mushrooms.
12.6 billion dollars for an eveluation ? The bandas were really chewing, astounding.
Why can’t the authorities ask Henry’s family to co-operate and reveal where the fugitive is hiding?
Witness:
Are you shuwa?
http://www.interpol.int/Wanted-Persons?lastname=Banada&Forenames=Henry&IPSGT_ICPO_Countries=339&free=¤t_age_mini=0¤t_age_maxi=100&IPSGT_Sex=M&IPSGT_Eyes_Color=BLA&IPSGT_Hair=BLA&IPSGT_Interpol_Office=339&IPSGT_Offence_Code=PFM&wanted_search=
There is no henry Banda on the interpol wanted list. Dr malam ?
@16 The saint,
Yers i am sure about the 12 Million dollars to pay a foriegn company while we have comapnies in Zambia and africa which could have carried out that evaluation. Even if MMF had insisted on the company they chose to subcontract some evaluation parts to Zambian companies, it would have made
But why is Henry not on interpol website as purported above. wenye PF.
Comments are closed.