Government has reconstituted the board for the National Savings and Credit Bank (NATSAVE).
Ministry of Finance Spokesman Chileshe Kandeta said this is in accordance with the directive of Cabinet at its 25th special meeting held on 26th November, 2015.
Mr Kandeta said taking into consideration gender parity, qualifications, competencies and track records, the following persons have been appointed as new board members for NATSAVE:
1. Dr. Chiselebwe Ngandu – Chairperson
2. His Royal Highness Chief Mumena – Member
3. Ms. Judith Mwananshiku – Member
4. Mr. Frederick Siame – Member
5. Ms. Tiziana Marietta – Member
6. Mr. Cosmas Mambo – Member
7. Mrs. Chobela Mutantika – Member
8. Mr. Vincent Mwanza – Member
Commenting on the appointments made by the Minister of Finance Alexander Chikwanda, Secretary to the Treasury Fredson Yamba assured that, “effective policy oversight in the operations of NATSAVE will now be ascertained and that the board must ensure that the governance systems at the bank are strengthened.”
Mr. Yamba also affirmed that the government would continue to invest in the bank as an avenue for reaching the unbanked areas of the nation.