The FDD says rumours linking them to a pact with the PF are malicious lies concocted by the enemies of the party who are feeling the heavy presence of the FDD on the ground and have realised that they cannot win this election with the necessary 50%+1 due to the FDD factor.
Party Spokesperson Antonio Mwanza described the people perpetrating the rumour as charlatans bent on discrediting Party President Edith Nawakwi and mislead the voters as well as make party members believe that the party has been sold to the PF.
“The rumours that FDD is entering in a pact with PF are malicious lies concocted by the enemies of FDD who are feeling the heavy presence of FDD on the ground and have realised that they cannot win this election by 50%+1 due to the FDD factor.
“These charlatans are trying their best to discredit President Edith Nawakwi and mislead the Zambian voters and confuse the FDD membership by fabricating all sorts of political hogwash to paint President Nawakwi as a sellout who has abandoned the cause to liberate Zambia from the the jaws of poverty with a ministerial position. They want to confuse our members into believing that FDD has been auctioned to PF,” he said.
He further stated that there are number of reasons why people should dismiss the rumour with the contempt it deserves among them that constitutionally anybody who loses an election is not eligible for appointment as a Minister.
He also called on Journalists to check for facts before publishing whatever comes out of the mouths of politicians because most politicians just say things to save their interests.
Highlighted below are what Mr Mwanza says should be taken as facts.
I want to categorically state the following
1. There is no pact between FDD and PF. It’s all lies.
2. President Edith Nawakwi is running for the Presidency of the Republic of Zambia on the singular FDD ticket
3. Madam Nawakwi is not interested in being a Minister. She has served this country as a full cabinet minister in four different ministries and she is now ready and able to serve as the Republican President. She is not going to relegate herself to a minister.
4. Constitutionally anyone who loses an election is not eligible to be appointed Minister
5. FDD has grown and cannot be ignored anymore. We are in this race to win and not just to participate. We have fielded credible and strong candidates countrywide and we will win lots of seats in Parliament and the Local Government. There is no doubt about that.
6. Our opponents are feeling our presence and they have realised that FDD is a force to reckon with. They can’t ignore us. They can only pretend but they know that in this election FDD is a serious factor and an equal competitor that is why they are now panicking and fabricating all sorts of lies to try to derail our momentum. Bola nayikosa. It’s 50%+1
7. We want to urge our members, sympathisers and all the voters nation wide to treat these lies with the contempt they deserve. Do not despair. Soldier on. Don’t get discouraged. We are matching to the finish line. Nimayofye
A named news paper yesterday published a story accusing FDD President as being offered a ministerial job as Finance Minister by the PF when they are re-elected in the forthcoming polls.