President Edgar Lungu has appointed the remaining eight provincial ministers including Benson Kapaya, Freedom Sikazwe and Malozo Sichone who have been retained as Luapula, Northern and Eastern province ministers respectively.
President Lungu has also retained Mwenya Musenge as Copperbelt province minister while former deputy minister for Information Ponsio Njeulu is the new minister for Western province.
The President has also appointed former Works and Supply deputy Minister Mwimba Malama as the minister for Muchinga province replacing Gerry Chanda while Davies Chisopa is the new minister for Central province taking over from Obvious Mwaliteta who has been moved in the same capacity to Lusaka province.
This is according to a statement released to ZANIS this evening by the President’s Special Assistant for Press and Public Relations Amos Chanda.
The President has since directed Secretary to the Cabinet Roland Msisika to make the necessary arrangements for the swearing-in ceremony to take place on Thursday, February 12, 2015 at State House.
Mr Chanda said President Lungu signed the appointment letters in Mfuwe today.
The President last month appointed Nathaniel Mubukwanu as Southern province minister and Dawson Kafwaya as the North western province minister.
Below is the list of the Provincial Ministers:
- Central Province: Hon. Davies Chisopa, MP
- Copperbelt Province: Hon. Mwenya Musenge, MP
- Luapula Province: Hon. Brig. Gen. Benson Kapaya, MP
- Eastern Province: Hon. Malozo Sichone, MP
- Lusaka Province: Hon. Obvious Mwaliteta, MP
- Northern Province: Hon. Freedom Sikazwe, MP
- North-Western Province: Hon. Dawson Kafwaya, MP
- Western Province: Hon. Poniso Njeulu, MP
- Southern Province: Hon. Nathaniel Mubukwanu, MP
- Muchinga Province: Hon. Mwimba Malama, MP