Divine Tribe are a gospel group consisting of 3 people ; Borniface Mwanza (Bishop), Taurai Njaramba (Whizzy) and Andrew Phiri (Detox). They started of as back up dancers for the likes of Runnel and Ruff kid. They gave there lives to God and started to perform at their church,Northmead Assemblies of God.
RISE TO FAME
- They recorded and released their first album ,”Kumwamba” in 2006. This album helped Divine tribe to get more exposure , they went from being only know at their church to being know county wide.
- There aim was to spread a positive message through their music . they set their sights on establishing themselves as examples of moral purity and trends among young musicians in Zambia.
- In 2010 they released their second album “Higher ground“
- Higher grounds combines a variety of music styles , fusing Zambian , Nigerian and east African vibes.
- They have collaborated with Kenya’s music heavy weight kanji and the legendary Limit X from Uganda, on a song called “Help is on the way”
- Locally they have collaborated with the likes of Ephraim, Matthew Ngosa, T.P, Aaron, the amazing angie, DMK, Hezron “Hezijones” Ngosa and a number of producers such as Raydo (Digital X Entertainment) Daxon and killa beats(K-Army) TK (Roma Side Studios) Big Bez (Sound Factory Entertainment) and NOX (Luchi Records) .
- The hit song off the album “Everyday” was the first gospel video to be played on MTV Base and is also playing on One Gospel and Channel O
FAVOUR ft Ephriam