President Edgar Lungu this morning announced part of his cabinet which has seen several Ministers retaining their positions with fewer new faces.
Major surprises were the inclusion into cabinet of MMD Chipangali MP Vincent Mwale as the new Minister of Youth and Sports taking over from Chishimba Kamwbili who has been transferred to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting in the same capacity.
The other MMD MP in the President Lungu’s cabinet is Mwandi MP Michael Kaingu who has been given the post of Minister of Education, Science and Technology.
Kabwata MP retains to cabinet in a new role as Minister of Agriculture and livestock.
Christopher Yaluma also retains his post as Minister of Mines and Minerals Development.
Zambezi West MP Christable Njimbu is the new Minister of Lands.
Fackson Shamenda retains his post as Minister of Labour while Emerine Kabanshi goes to the Ministry of Community Development to pave way fort Dr John Phiri who has taken over as Minister of Local Government and Housing.
Professor Nkandu Luo who was not present during the swearing ceremony has been given the post of Minister of Gender although President Lungu was quick to point out that he will not have a problem appointing other people to the post if Prof Luo is not happy with the appointment.
President Lungu announced that he will hold on to the post of Defence Minister until further notice.
He said he will come and complete the appointing of his entire cabinet when he returns from his trip to Angola for a state visit.
President Lungu said he will leave for Angola tomorrow and announced that Vice President Inonge Wina will act in his absence.
President Lungu said he will demand excellence and loyalty from all his cabinet colleagues and warned that he will not hesitate to discipline those that will under perform.
President Lungu’s cabinet so far
- President- Edgar Lungu
- Minister of Defence – Edgar Lungu
- Vice President – Inonge Wina
- Justice – Ngosa Simbyakula
- Finance – Alexander Chikwanda
- Home Affairs –Davies Mwila
- Foreign Affairs- Harry Kalaba
- Health- Dr. Joseph Kasonde
- Agriculture –Given Lubinda
- Youth & Sport- Vincent Mwale
- Tourism & Arts –Jean Kapata
- Commerce- Margaret Duduzi Mwanakatwe
- Mines, Energy – Christopher Bwalya Yaluma
- Information and Broadcasting Services-Chishimba Kambwili
- Lands and Natural Resources- Christabel Njimbu
- Local Government-John Phiri
- Labour –Fackson Shamenda
- Community Develooment-Emerine Kabanshi
- Chiefs& Traditional Affairs- Dr. Joseph Katema
- Transport and Commuinications- Yamfwa Mukanga
- Gender – Nkandu Luo
- Education- Dr. Michael Kaingu