You are free to judge Gaddafi and condemn him as much as you like, but first, allow us to give you facts on what Gaddafi did/intended to do in Africa.
- Africa spends billions every year paying Europe for using satellite communication systems, in entertainment, security, business or just communications. Gaddafi wanted to get rid of that by paying and setting up satellite system for entire Africa for free, saving Africa billions annually going to europe.
- Africa is divided into over 55 countries, with different currencies. This makes it hard for trade between African countries. If I wanna buy Cocoa from Ivory coast, I’ll have to change my money into US dollars (giving US 5-10% of my money), they I will probably have to turn the dollars into euro, losing another 5-10% of my capital to europe, then change my euro into ivorian franc, again losing another 5-10% of my money to the french treasury. If I started with about South African rand of 1000, by the time I am purchasing cocoa in Ivory coast, my money will be worth only rands 650 to 700, the other rand 300 will be in the hands of US and Europe. Gaddafi wanted to get rid of this and replace it with DINAR (An African currency) for doing business in Africa without changing the value…almost like bitcoin that can’t be manipulated easily.
- Gaddafi’s government made sure all Libyan investment like oiLibya were all within Africa.
- Gaddafi Nationalized oil in Libya, mean, the government had control over the resources, sold it and used the money to provide services to the country. With nationalized resources, Libyans didn’t have to pay taxes, received free health care, free education from birth to PHD or as far as you wish, free housing for the poor and subsidies on things like food etc. The only people who worked in Libya were Chines, Tchadians, sudanese, and other African Immigrants.
- Libya was one of the free countries in the world that did not have any form of debts whatsoever. Libya had more money than it’s population could use and had billions stores a way around the world. All the money Libya stored in Europe has been squandered by European governments.
- During Gaddafi’s lifetime, AU functions were fully funded by Libya, accommodation for leaders, transportations, and day to day activities at the AU headquarters, now that is being done by European Union. As the saying goes “He who pays the piper calls the tune” These are hard facts of what Colonel Gaddafi, self proclaimed African King of Kings did to the Continent only for us to watch him humiliated and killed like an animal without us raising a voice.
- Gaddafi spent millions and millions helping Mali and niger with high level irrigation in the deserts so people can be self sustained.Paid full and never expected anything back.
- Way before the BRICS came up with idea of forming their own development bank to rival world bank and IMF, Gaddafi already initiated a high level talks into starting an African Development Bank where African governments would go and borrow money at low rates for developments of things like infrastructure, academic institutions, medical institutions, research institutions among other things. This would have saved Africa from IMF and their predatory lending habits of structural adjustment programs which are notorious in keeping countries in poverty while they take ownership of your natural resources.
Gaddafi was not perfect or an angel, but he was better than 80% of the world leaders.
NOW LOOK AT YOUR LEADER AND THEN COME HERE AND CONDEMN GADDAFI.
The people Nato helped from Benghazi to attack Gaddafi are all now confirmed members of ISIS creating chaos in North Africa and middle east.
Bob Marley once sang “How long shall they kill our prophets, while we stand a side and look”