Foreign Affairs Minister Harry Kalaba said yesterday that Government had already contacted the Zambian High Commission in Tanzania to ascertain what led to the killing of 24-year-old Simon Sinkamba of Nakonde’s Ntindi village.
“We are investigating the matter, we have already gotten in touch with our High Commission in Tanzania to verify and get the actual facts on what caused the incident in Tunduma.
“We want to know what exactly happened; we want to ascertain the issue as to what led to that. As soon as we get that information then we will be able to pick it up from there as a Ministry,” he said.
Meanwhile, Mr Kalaba has assured that despite the recent rioting and looting experienced in some parts of Lusaka, Zambia was still a haven of peace, which would continue co-existing with neighbouring countries and beyond for economic advancement.
Mr Kalaba said Zambians were peace-loving people and would strive to continue living up to that feat.
“We therefore wish to call upon all the people that are interested in investing in our country to continue because the investment climate is still very sound and secure and they should have no iota of doubt on their mind about the security of this country and the good intentions of its people,” he said.
Mr Kalaba clarified also that the rioting and looting on Monday and Tuesday in Lusaka’s densely populated areas triggered by ritual murders in Lusaka were not xenophobic as the rioters and looters had taken advantage of the killings to perpetuate their own interests.