Political parties participating in the August 11th 2016 General Election have resolved to uphold all road safety regulations during and after the election campaign period.
This follows a consultative meeting between the Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA) and the political parties held in Lusaka.
RTSA Director and Chief Executive Officer Mr. Zindaba Soko lead the delegation and disclosed that among the issues discussed during the meeting was the need for political party supporters to respect road safety regulations during political processions.
Mr. Soko has stated that political parties participating in the forthcoming General Elections have committed themselves to adhere to road safety regulations during political campaigns.
Among the political parties that have resolved to uphold road safety regulations during the campaigns are the United Party for National Development (UPND), the Patriotic Front (PF), the Rainbow party and the Forum for Democracy Development (FDD) and the United National Independent Party (UNIP).
After an exhaustive deliberation of all the issues presented by the Road Transport and Safety Agency to the political parties participating in the August 11th General Elections, the parties involved made the following resolutions to promote road safety during political campaigns:
1. Political parties shall not use of unregistered motor vehicles during campaigns.
2. Political parties shall not use false registration mark during campaigns.
3. Political parties shall not drive the under the Influence of Alcohol.
4. Political parties shall observe traffic Signs at all times.
5. Political parties shall not use unlicensed drivers motor Vehicles during campaigns.
6. Political parties shall not allow drivers carry excessive number of passengers during campaigns.
7. Political Parties shall not use unroadworthy and unlicensed motor vehicles during campaigns.
8. Political parties shall not allow supporters to drive motor vehicle at excessive speed.
9. Political parties shall uphold all road safety regulations during and after the election campaign period.
Please right to the two concerned parties, especially the one with load music and mops hanging out but failing to clean the corrupt system.
On a serious note, you have been seeing these people going to the airport in that fashion and now you think you can stop them through the release of a press statement? Really, do these cadres even read or care about reading such statements? Next time chief have a meeting with them, but go well secured.
Actually we need to be empowered as private citizens to effect citizens arrests on these vermins on the roads.
Especially these animals with ECL 2016 number plates..
Yes it should not just end on making statements but RTSA should take action by arresting and prosecuting those flouting traffic regulations such as riding on rooftops. Otherwise those pronouncements are worthless.
Comments are closed.