A cooker might have caused the fire that gutted Chilonga Mission Nursing

4
1,675 views

img-20161001-wa0005The Zambia Police have said that a cooker might have caused the fire that gutted Chilonga Mission Nursing in the early hours of Saturday.

Zambia Police Spokesperson Esther Katongo said preliminary investigation indicate that one cooker was left on after power outage something which could have caused the fire after power restoration.

“Police Preliminary findings in the fire that gutted Chilonga Mission Nursing School in Mpika on 1st October, 2016 at about 03 30 hours have indicated that one cooker was left on after power outage and that could be the cause of fire after power restoration.

“The area experienced power outage from 15 00 hours and was restored at about 2100 hours. Value of the property destroyed has not been ascertained yet .

“The entire Midwifery school was gutted and this includes the Kitchen, skills Laboratory, Library, Staff Offices, a classroom, 22 student rooms, three store rooms, one guest room and an administration block,” she said.

Loading...

4 COMMENTS

Comments are closed.