Prep: 5min | Cook: 25min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 285g frozen mixed vegetables (or fresh, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans)
- 340ml water
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh coriander to garnish (optional)
In a large saucepan over a medium high heat, heat oil and cook the onion and garlic until golden.
Stir in curry powder and tomato purée, cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, vegetable stock cube, mixed vegetables, water, salt and pepper to taste, and cook for approximately 20 to 30 minutes until vegetables are well done (not crunchy).
Sprinkle with fresh coriander before serving. Serve hot with rice, enjoy.