Foul-mouthed mutant mercenary Wade Wilson ( Deadpool), brings together a team of fellow mutant rogues to protect a young boy of supernatural abilities from the brutal, time-traveling mutant, Cable.
- Excellent performance by Ryan Reynolds. Just as Robert Downey, Jr. has become the definitive Iron Man, Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool. It’s the role he was born to play.
- Tremendous action sequences.
- Josh Brolin was a great choice to play the villain, Cable. He and Ryan Reynolds worked off each other brilliantly.
- If you have not watched the first DeadPool movie you may not fully understand some of the humor and interactions between the characters.
- The storyline was abit predictable.
Wade Wilson: You’re so dark. Are you sure you’re not from the DC universe?
Deadpool: You know what we need to do? We need to build a team. We need ’em tough, morally flexible, and young enough so they can carry this franchise 10-12 years.
The anti-hero DeadPool is back in the sequel to the 2016 smash hit. With 2018 starting off with heavy weight superhero movies; (Black Panther , Avengers: Infinity War) DeadPool brings something different to the genre, in that it isn’t an over-the-top action extravaganza. It has a simple, yet interesting and hilarious storyline. The one-liners are as sharp as Deadpool’s swords, including gags about various popular movies. There are almost too many in-jokes about superhero movies to keep track of, at the expense of Marvel and DC alike. Unlike its predecessor, Deadpool 2 is more than just high octane action and wisecracks, it also has some emotional touching scenes.
DeadPool 2 is a “Family” film…….. just leave the kids at home.
3 out of 5
BY KAPA KAUMBA