The differences among political parties regarding the leadership of the dialogue process has been ironed out as the political parties have unanimously agreed that the Church Mother Bodies should chair the dialogue process while ZCID remains at the centre of the process by facilitating the process.
At the conclusion of a two day meeting for National Secretaries and General Secretaries held at Karina Inn in Siavonga stated the following, the ZCID Board Chairperson issued the following statement.
We the under signed National Secretaries and Secretary Generals representing various political parties and the people of Zambia confirm our commitment to the National Dialogue Process. We have fully deliberated on the matters associated with the national dialogue and have come to the following common agreement:
- We agree that the process shall be facilitated by ZCID and chaired by Church Mother Bodies;
- We agree that the broad thematic areas to be considered at the Summit of Presidents shall include the following:
- Constitutional and Institutional Reforms
- Separation of Powers and Judicial Independence
- Tolerance, Freedom of Assembly and Civility in Politics
- Electoral Reforms
- We further agree to form a technical committee comprising of legal representatives from political parties and other identified stakeholders that shall look into key issues;
- We agree to mandate ZCID to immediately meet with the Church to set the program for the dialogue process;
- We have thus proposed a draft agenda and roadmap for the dialogue process;
- We wholeheartedly undertake to keep each other engaged in continued consultation to achieve our common objectives; and
- We reaffirm our commitment to the dialogue process in the interest of all Zambians.