A Bridge connecting Kalende and Movahill in Luanshya’s Kawama ward has been swept off by heavy rains, cutting off the area from the only primary school and cemetery.

ZANIS reports area Councillor Chongo Mubanga confirmed the development saying the makeshift bridge was a temporally measure connecting the area to the rest of the district as the road get flooded during rainy season.

He has appealed to well-wishers to come to the aid of Kalende community by erecting a permanent bridge as the area was a farming community adding that lack of a bridge was negatively affecting farmers.

He added that access to the main cemetery was also challenged.

He said the area holds an estimated population of over 500 people whose majority where farmers and that some have to cross over the bridge to access their farm fields.

And Luanshya District Commissioner Joel Chibuye described the development as unfortunate adding that he would visit the area to ascertain the degree of the problem.

Mr. Chibuye indicated that once he had visited the area, he would engage the Disaster Management and Mitigation Unit (DMMU) if need be.

The Luanshya DC also disclosed that another bridge in Kashinde, Maposa area was reportedly collapsed cutting off the area from health and education facilities.

[Read 1,402 times, 1 reads today]
Loading...

8 COMMENTS

  1. Products of corruption! This OF government is a serious liability to our country. And guess who are given tenders to construct these substandard collapsing bridges in those affected provinces, the PF ministers and PF cadres. Thieves! And because of this corruption which is allowing the passing of substandard bridges and roads, even by corrupt engineers, the cost of reconstruction means more expenses coming to all of us, thereby stalling all other services.
    PF is Chimbwi no plan indeed. Too much Jameson and foreign mentality by the guy at state house. Lungu has collapsed our country. He and his blind follower minions have come only to steal and destroy. Vuvuzela Sunday Chanda is another RETARD IN PF!

    3

    2
    • I think now the degree of pettiness has gone overboard. Everything is PF. Does it mean before PF came into government these bridges and others were not constructed? If yes, how then were people moving? Apparently, this area is opposition dominated and CDF money used for these bridges was supervised by the councillor and wdc members. it means the issue of blaming corruption even the opposition should be included. be objective bane,!!!!!

      0

      3
    • This goes to show you that when everyone is responsible, no one is responsible.

      You cannot have council, provincial ministry, MP, ESA, and their cousins attending to the same matters.

      1

      0
  2. PFoools corrupt doomed fake infrastructure keeps collapsing because they pocket 80% of the money and use the remaining 20% to put up cheap quality sh!t like their small brains, ubu puba fi PFoools….. Lead by a debarred thieving lawyer who pees himself when drunk

    1

    3
  3. Amos was right on the Rat brain comment. read this crap from these dunderheads in the name of Truth and Jonny. In Jonny’s warped thinking, every makeshift community bridge was made by government. If his pit latrine collapses, he will still blame Government.

    3

    2
  4. Send Expert Freedom Sikazwe and special assistant for corruption to assess PF bridges collapsing everyday. No vision by ba Koswe Mumpoto.

    2

    1
  5. All these bridges collapsing this season are unprecedented. Our technical incompetences aside, It indicates we have unusual rainfall. So why are we being told Kariba dam levels are lower this year?

    2

    0

Comments are closed.