After the devastating events of Avengers: Infinity War , the universe is in ruins. With the help of remaining allies, the Avengers assemble once more in order to undo Thanos’ actions and restore order to the universe.
- The whole cast was splendid , but the real MVP’s of ‘Endgame’ were Robert Downey JR ( Tony Stark/Iron man) who gave a masterful performances and Josh Brolin (Thanos) who portrayed the ultimate villain. Thanos was a vile individual , but the way he justifies his actions makes you kind of root for him to succeed.
- Excellent unpredictable, gripping storyline coupled with great action.
- For those who haven’t watch any of the previous Marvel superhero movies , the significance of “Endgame” may be lost on them.
- Tony Stark: It’s not about how much we lost. It’s about how much we have left. We’re the Avengers. We gotta finish this. You trust me?
- Thanos: You could not live with your own failure, and where did that bring you? Back to me.
- Natasha Romanoff: Even if there’s a small chance that we can undo this, I mean, we owe it to everyone who is not in this room, to try.
- Tony Stark: I love you 3000.
Avengers Endgame is the culmination of 11 years and 21 movies in the Marvel cinematic universe. Marvel fans have, over the pasted year, mourned the loss of some of their favorite heroes after the events of ‘Infinity War‘. The past year has also seen a myriad of theories as to what the fate of our remaining heroes and the entire Marvel universe at large will be.
Endgame begins where Infinity war left off ,with the remaining Avengers trying make sense of what happened and frantically looking for a way forward. The director of the movie did a good job in enabling all the characters in this ensemble cast to display their reaction to the loss , some managed to move on , others didn’t and went over the deep end. It was fantastic to see the dynamics in the way the characters have evolved over the years , everything they have been through has all led to the ‘Endgame’.
If I had to sum up ‘Endgame‘ in one word , it would be unpredictable. I can almost guarantee that nobody got their predictions 100% correct. The movie is filled with surprising moments , some that will have you cheering others laughing and some crying. It truly is an emotional roller-coaster of a movie.
Avengers Endgame is less about gradiose special effects and mind numbing action sequences that we expect from most super hero movies, but is more about the human cost of heroism , which comes at great personal sacrifice.
5 out of 5
BY KAPA KAUMBA