By Sean Tembo
1. As Patriots for Economic Progress (PeP) we wish to condemn in the strongest terms possible the conduct of the PF Government to cancel a scheduled UPND Rally in Kitwe while at the same time the PF themselves had a huge procession in the same town. Such double standards should not be tolerated by any well meaning Zambian.
2. As Patriots for Economic Progress (PeP) we are fully aware that the PF and its Government have been consistently and continuously intimidating and preventing the opposition from meeting their supporters in the past 5 years since the last election, while the PF themselves have been busy having huge rallies without complying to the provisions of either the Public Order Act or the COVID-19 regulations. However it is unimaginable and unacceptable that the PF and its Government can extend such double standards even to the official 90-day campaign period.
3. As Patriots for Economic Progress our considered view is that if the PF are as popular as they claim to be, then they would not be spending sleepless nights trying to engineer the Police and Health Authorities to stop opposition campaign activities. It should be clear to all Zambians by now that the PF and its Government have evidently lost the favor of the Zambian people and are consequently trying to cling to power by crooked means.
4. As Patriots for Economic Progress, we further wish to take this opportunity to advise the UPND party and its leadership not to tolerate the intimidation of the PF towards the opposition in this official campaign period. As a main opposition political party with a presence across the country, the UPND have the numerical strength to defy the PF intimidation. Such numerical strength should be put to good use. The Zambian people are sick and tired of leaders who are always submitting themselves as victims to PF intimidation. The Zambian people have themselves been victims of PF intimidation and misrule for the past 10 years and they deserve a leader who has the backbone to stand up for them and not one whose idea of standing up to PF intimidation is posting sorrowful accounts of intimidation on Twitter and Facebook. Mr Hakainde Hichilema has a limited period of time to prove to the Zambian people that his party is the best vehicle that can be used to get rid of the PF misrule or whether the Zambian people should consider an alternative vehicle. One that can get the job done.
5. As Patriots for Economic Progress we wish to inform the Zambian people that we shall be having our campaign-launch rally on Sunday, 13th June 2021 at Mahatma Ghandi Grounds in Mtendere Compound in Lusaka. We also wish to assure the Zambian people that our rally will proceed regardless of whether the PF like it or not. If Government is not willing to create a level playing field in this year’s general elections, then we shall create it ourselves. We are fully aware that politics by its very nature is largely a game of intimidation of opponents. However political leaders who are preoccupied with self-preservation and are too afraid to stand up to intimidation should resign their positions so that they do not crowd up the political space. For us at PeP, we refuse to be intimidated whether using state institutions or panga-wielding PF cadres.
A procession is not a rally chlmbwl iwe. Do you even know what you are talking about? The rules clearly state “rallies” and yet you choose to show your lgnorance just like the f00Iish upnd c.h.l.k.a.I.a.s . Tell your friends in upnd that our police is ready to deal with them if they break any rule.
Last night I effected cltizens arrest on two upnd c.h.l.k.a Ias who were not following covid rules. I beat them up
While it is right to stand up to the PF, let us be wary of of the law regardless of our political standing. It is indeed unfair for the PF to do exactly the opposite of what they are preaching and this is why the masses have lost belief and trust in them. While promising a better life and living standards for the people, it would be paramount for the leadership in PF to be honest and show that they are able to reform and adhere to the same rules as the opposition. Treat the opposition with care and caution, ask the former head of state Mr Rupiah Banda, you will cry when tables turn and Zambia will feel small. Level the playing field so you will enjoy its privilege when find yourself on the opposing side of the power!
Wow, and such language coming from a former presidential advisor. You are truly something and it explains a lot with regards to the current situation the country is in.. but mark my words, every dog has its day..
Bazooker enough is enough. If you don’t respect the rules then don’t expect to be respected by me. Only c.h.i.k.a.l.as break rules
56 years of Independence and we are still fighting for Freedom of Assembly and Association..out of control corruption, tribalism and dictatorship. Back to the drawing boards!
Is this what ECL invited International Election Monitors and Observers to come and witness? He holds a PF Procession but deny UPND Alliance to launch its Campaign in the same Town in Kitwe. Is this how free,fair and credible Elections look like ECL? These Double Standards by PF are glaring. ECL is weaponising Covid-19 to advantage PF at the expense of Opposition Parties. It looks like ECL doesn’t care if these Elections are declared not credible as long as he steals his way back to Power. ECZ is supposed to Manager these Elections but has been given orders by ECL not do anything about these Double Standards. ECL is a Referee and a Player at the same time in these Elections. International Election Monitors and Observers must quickly intervene to ensure that ECZ runs these Elections…
Panick has grappled our colleagues in the ruling. I feel change is inevitable at this point. That is why KZ is constantly losing his temper.
Lazi I don’t lose temper on useless cadres like you who will never rule this nation. I just speak the truth which you find hard to deal with. You have been saying change is inevitable for decades now. Same old songs. What you need to change is the leader in your tribal party.
SET is right ………..UPND as the largest opposition political party should show its muscle to the Zambian people that they are able to lead us through difficult times as portrayed this cruel government.It seems leaders are not active they have already succumbed to the scare by PF police to deal with the opposition,coz the opposition have all it takes,,,,,,they have numbers to challenge that from happening.
It high time we started should some resistance to some of the mischievous behavior being exhibited during this critical time………..Wakeup country men and women.The youths of Zambia let us wake-up and stop this mess before it gets out of hand…. LET US CHANGE DIRECTION and DO the right thing.
KZ, remember RB lost to PF but before he lost, he wasn’t subjected to any humiliation (booing) by the Zambian people like what happening now.
What we are seeing now is worse than what RB went through. Imagine what will happen to you when you lose.
It is time for you to keep your family members closer, call and visit constantly otherwise all your so called friends will abandon you.
Start preparing your mind, you will thank me later.
Lazi you live in a bubble. Stop dreaming and face reality. Because your fellow tribal leader is paying desperate poor southerners to travel and shout “we want change”,you have convinced yourself that upnd is winning. Remember how hh cried last time running to courts for petition? The same is happening this year . You upnd always prematurely celebrate election victory even before the voting has taken place. I have vowed to run naked from mandahill to arcades if pf lose. Why hasn’t any upnd official vowed to do same when upnd lose?
For sure PF president Luo alitumpa for broking UPND.
Sean Tembo is true courageous Zambian, vote for HH.
From today to 12 August 2021, every Zambian should ensure his own safety and the safety of others. CONVID-19 kills.
Nostra you ain’t even Zambian. Stfu
KZ, I had a dream about your boss, I saw him walking around at a market without his security, the marketeers were not paying attention to him, no one paid attention.
I did not say anything to him as he passed me by but what happened next is what shocked me as I followed him to see where he was going. He…
PF has never had any standards or principles let alone any conscience about “double standards”.
Yakosa bola.just vote ECL.b happy and smile
President Edgar Chagwa Lungu and his PF have been campaigning for more than 2,000 days. They have failed to thoroughly convince the Zambian people about how good the PF government has been. Give them another 90 days to do what they have been doing for 2,000 days and it will not make a difference. In fact, I would argue that the opposition should remain silent and let the PF continue decampaigning themselves. They can point to all the so called development projects but people know how they feel in their stomachs. Change is coming. The LORD said, ‘I have surely seen the affliction of My people who are in Zambia, and I have heard their cry because of their corrupt taskmasters, for I know their sorrows. I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the PF and Edgar Chagwa Lungu’…
Fi PF stopped lifting fists in air. Their arm pits stinks.
Nostra that smell is caused by your mothers open legs
Do you know what Covid-19 is?
Can you please engage PS of health and understand the prevailing situation.
It is slow learners like you that put countries under stress. Right now niggaz are on go slow and you want to engage in a health risk rally.
All you want is rallies and yet you know that we are still being haunted by the Corona virus. When you claim double standards, you are not being clear. Are the PFs holding rallies at the same time blocking you? Who is blocking you PF or Police.
Be smart and adopt new ways of campaigning. Don’t dare the PF, dare police and they deal with you.
“…Mr Hakainde Hichilema has a limited period of time to prove to the Zambian people that his party is the best vehicle that can be used to get rid of the PF…”
Sean is unhinged. Amai neo. Hahahahahahaha! he is so infuriated to a point where he forgets that he should be campaigning for himself.
Shouldn’t we be saying Sean has a limited period of time to prove to the Zambian people that his party is the best vehicle that can be used to get rid of the PF!
Satire! Sean, you’re have equal chances to form the next Government as h² but not as ECL. Question is, why did chuck out’a UPNDEAD Alliance? Feeling the heat, yeah? African Opposition parties want rallies Covid-19 or not. ECZ what’s your take?
CROWDS ARE SUPER SPREADERS – DON’T BE DUMB
SEAN let me remind you also that RALLIES don’t win elections. Your claim that Zambians are tired of PF is wishful thinking. Shouldn’t they be ramping up rallies themselves if indeed rallies do what you’re insinuating to regain the supposed lost support.
While I really sympathize that you can no longer hold the so called rallies, let me again remind you that Zambia does not have capacity to handle an all out outbreak of the Corona Virus.
Donald Trump got as careless as you want to be now and it costed American lives to Covid-19. Calm the hell down and observe Covid-19 set of protocols.
Responding to the id**t KZ is a waste of time. Country men and women let’s go door to door because Zambians have made up their minds and are only waiting for a signal. This country has never experienced this level of dictatorship before but a signal presents itself on 12th August to steer the country back on course
The civil servant KZ, does he own Lusaka Times? PF is not an equitable party. Founded on deceit and dividing nation!
If PF wins elections then Zambia will be consigned to that list of Countries going nowhere! Like the neighbours in the north. Insecurity is for all, do you think those police are sharing in your loot?
Well meaning Zambians should not forget that Covid-19 is real.
It’s not a do or die. It is matter to live another day. This is what distinguishes you from a wise leadership.
In this era where economies worldover undergo lockdowns just to outwit the Corona virus, how reckless can a leader of the opposition be to undermine the necessary call to avoid crowding in the name of a Rally.
There is indeed a clear message from Sean himself that even when he gets it that PF will win, let people expose themselves to the Corona virus. The mumble jumble of an article is flawed and should be dismissed with the contempt it deserves.
No one defies the Coronavirus – not even Magufuli.
LT, why do you allow insults on this platform? Awe sure, you are not reigning on some people that claim to determine the future of Zambia. Please let’s debate with dignity and integrity. Unpalatable insults here are not welcome. We are one Zambia One nation One people even when we belong to different parties. Ala bane!
Iwe Tembo, politics or not you are at serious risk of catching kaswende ka Covid 19. COVID19 is a merciless predetor. Go ahead and swim in the muck.
SET wants UPND to be singled out & probably disqualified, this appeal is not in good faith. He has be in support of all draconian decisions so far. Move your launch to next weekend we see if you are genuine.
The virus spreads best indoors. It has been proven again and again that outdoor spread is very minimal and with shosho distancing, not spitting into each others faces and microphones, everyone will be ok… O, and copper masks! Lungu knows this very well but like Museveni his godfather, he wants to arrest the leader of the opposition, disenfranchise people and sail into the first term of a life presidency.
Bazooker enough is enough. If you don’t respect the rules then don’t expect to be respected by me. K _ Z STATEMENT
DOES THIS 1-D-!-0 -T RESPECT ANYONE >> WHEN HE DRINKS AND SMOKE WEED HE SHOULD COME ON HERE AND SHOW HIS INGORANCE
HE USED THE WORD FANNY KIKIKIKI IS HE INDIRECTLY REFFERING TO THE PRESIDENT
UPND WILL WIN HOW DO I KNOW ??
LOOK HOW AG-RE-SS!VE THIS K-Z CHAP IS GETTING ISN’T THAT A SIGN HE IS ON HIS BACK FOOT AND RESORT TO ANY MEANS TO
HUMILLATE OTHERS ???
THE CHAP IS JUST A SEPTIC SEWERAGE POND BLOWING OUT FOUL SMELLS DAY AFTER DAY
I don’t trust Sean after hos flirtations with PF not too long ago. They could be using him to try and goad HH into holding rallies so that his sponsors can have reason to arrest him and somewhat sideline him from the game. Whichever way you look at it, it seems the PF have the democracy of this nation in a stranglehold – including the activities of and post August 12. There were plenty of warnings along the way. The Zambian people chose to ignore them. Very sad!
Comments are closed.