Kalusha said in an interview in Lusaka yesterday that he was saddened with people making wild allegations against him which were aimed at tarnishing his image.
Reacting to allegations that he had been actively involved in the failed transfer deal for Mbola from DR Congo side, TP Mazembe to Europe, Kalusha said he does not want his name to be tarnished because the claims were false.
“Allegations that I was involved in Mbola’s transfer are stupid”, he said
Sources at the weekend said Mining Rangers director Elijah Chileshe and Kalusha had been involved in the Mbola transfer, which attracted a strong protest from TP Mazembe proprietor Moses Katumbi when the teenage player attempted to join a European team recently.
Mbola moved to Mazembe in March for a $200,000 deal, while his contract with Armenia side, Pyunik Yereven was still binding.
Kalusha said yesterday that his job was to develop Zambian football and would not allow his name to be dragged in the ‘mud’.
[pullquote]”Allegations that I was involved in Mbola’s transfer are stupid”, he said[/pullquote]
“I can’t comment now because these are stupid allegations. I don’t want my name to be tarnished,” an upset Kalusha said.
On Monday, Chileshe said he was free to consult any FAZ official including Kalusha in matters relating to player international transfer.
“If Kalusha is able to assist in his personal capacity with player transfer, I can go there,” Chileshe said.
Kalusha also said he executes his football duties for many people including officials from the Confederation of African Football (CAF) who consult him on several issues.
“So many people come for consultation even from CAF. I work for football development,” he said.
Sources said there had been active ‘consultations’ between Chileshe and Kalusha, raising concern that the FAZ boss has had a hand in the controversial and botched move to a European country and that another move was being planned.
Mbola recently indicated that he would move to Italian Serie A Juventus while information also emerged that the 17-year-old was about to be signed by West Ham in England.
He eventually returned to Lubumbashi after Katumbi insisted that he belonged to TP Mazembe and that anyone wishing to get the player should first consult his club.
On July 23, sources said, Chileshe reportedly sent details of his passports and that of Mbola to Kalusha when the player had just returned to Lubumbashi.
But Chileshe said he does not understand why the Mbola issue had attracted such hype with some people accusing FAZ of being involved in the deal.
He said the only time FAZ was involved in the Mbola matter was when they issued an International Transfer Certificate (ITC) to Pyunik last year after Mining paid the association $5,000.
Chileshe said Mazembe paid Mining for Mbola’s services and that FAZ played no role in the deal.
He could not however state why the player was signed by Mazembe when his ITC is with Pyunik where the contract is still valid.
“I don’t know why some people have suddenly become very interested in Mbola’s transfer when this transaction does not involve FAZ but Mining, TP Mazembe and Pyunik. Let them stay away from this because I developed Mbola with my own money. So those clubs talking about this matter should just concentrate on building their own players,” he said.
He said he knew the people behind the ‘scheme’ whom he claimed wanted to fight Kalusha.
Chileshe said he was saddened by Katumb for divulging private matters concerning Mbola’s deal to the public.
He said what Mining and Mazembe agreed on Mbola was not meant for the public.
Chileshe said that Katumbi promised to sort out the Pyunik problem with world football governing body, FIFA over Mbola’s contractual mess.
The Mining boss said he had now adopted Mbola’s younger brother, Paul whom he was trying to develop into another top class player.
[Times of Zambia]