The statistics are shocking 8 out of 10 women are wearing the wrong bra .Yes, you are most likely wearing the wrong bra this minute! A bra can be a womanâ€™s â€œbestâ€ friend. A good fitting bra will accentuate the body silhouette under clothes.
Signs of a wrong bra
* Falling straps.
* The bra creates a â€œ double bubbleâ€ effect.
* A band that rides high in the back across shoulder blades.
* A bra that looks lumpy under clothes Underwires that push or poke your skin.
* A bra that leaves marks on the skin.
Find your fit
Full bust. Measure the full bust circumference. The tape should be held horizontal, flat on your back and your arms should be down .Do not let the tape droop in the back and do not pull the tape tight. Jot this number down. E.g. 38 inches
Measurement 2 (band/bra size)
Under bust Measure around the rib cage. The tape should not be tight. Jot this number down. Add 5 inches to this measurement. If the number is an odd number add 1 to make it even.
Measurement 3 (cup size â€“ projection of breasts from chest wall)
Difference between Full bust and band size
1 INCH ~ 2.5cm
Band size – 31 inches add 5 = 36 inches
Full bust â€“ 39 inches
39 â€“ 36 = 3 inches difference cup size
Bra size is 36 C
Now that youâ€™ve bought the correct bra, how do you take care of it.
* ALTERNATE BRAS -Your body gives off heat and that makes the lycra in the bra to stretch. The lycra needs 24 hours to cool off. So wearing your bra for more than one day in a row will cause it to deteriorate faster. Alternating bras everyday will make them last longer.
* WASH â€“ It is best to handwash your bra daily to lengthen its life and remove all the dirt and oil that accumulated in it during the day.
* FABRIC– A fabric blend is often your best choice.