Everybody ,male and female would like to have six-pack. It is the stuff dreams are made off. Well stop dreaming ,if you want to have well developed abs then you can. It will take a lot of hard work and dedication. It will not happen overnight.
The first thing you need to do is add a lot of cardio to you workout. You will need to lose the weight in order for you abs to show. Some cardio workouts you can do are ; running , swimming , cycling ,star jumps (jumping jacks).
see the article on cardio for more info: http://www.lusakatimes.com/2011/08/18/ultimate-work-plan/
BEST AB WORKOUTS
- Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground. For this exercise, you will need to put your hands beside your head. Now lift your shoulders into the crunch position.
- Bring your knees up to where they are perpendicular to the floor, with your lower legs parallel to the floor. This will be your starting position.
- Now simultaneously, slowly go through a cycle pedal motion kicking forward with the right leg and bringing in the knee of the left leg. Bring your right elbow close to your left knee by crunching to the side, as you breathe out.
- Go back to the initial position as you breathe in.
- Crunch to the opposite side as you cycle your legs and bring closer your left elbow to your right knee and exhale.
- Continue alternating in this manner until all of the recommended repetitions for each side have been completed.
Note: Do this slow in-order to really feel the burn.
Alternate Heel Touches
- Lie on the floor with the knees bent and the feet on the floor around 18-24 inches apart. Your arms should be extended by your side. This will be your starting position.
- Crunch over your torso forward and up about 3-4 inches to the right side and touch your right heel as you hold the contraction for a second. Exhale while performing this movement.
- Now go back slowly to the starting position as you inhale.
- Now crunch over your torso forward and up around 3-4 inches to the left side and touch your left heel as you hold the contraction for a second. Exhale while performing this movement and then go back to the starting position as you inhale. Now that both heels have been touched, that is considered 1 repetition.
- Continue alternating sides in this manner until all prescribed repetitions are done.
CROSS BODY CRUNCH
- Lie flat on your back and bend your knees about 60 degrees.
- Keep your feet flat on the floor and place your hands loosely behind your head. This will be your starting position.
- Now curl up and bring your right elbow and shoulder across your body while bring your left knee in toward your left shoulder at the same time. Reach with your elbow and try to touch your knee. Exhale as you perform this movement. Tip: Try to bring your shoulder up towards your knee rather than just your elbow and remember that the key is to contract the abs as you perform the movement; not just to move the elbow.
- Now go back down to the starting position as you inhale and repeat with the left elbow and the right knee.
- Continue alternating in this manner until all prescribed repetitions are done.
Note: You can also do all of your repetitions for one side and then switch to the other side.
The standard abdominal crunches is a great exercise for developing the upper ab region. When performing this exercise do not put your hands behind your head and force your neck as you will only do damage. Place your arms by your ears or across your chest.
- Lye flat on the floor with your knees bent.
- Crunch upwards trying to touch your shoulders on your knees.
- Really squeeze out each rep and hold the movement slightly at the top.
HOW TO DO THEM
Do 10 reps of all these exercises , that will be 1 set. rest for 1 minute then do 10 more reps of each. Do as many sets as you can.
Do not be discouraged if you can not do 10 of each ,start with 3 , do them regularly and you will be able to increase.
it never works, my pot belly keeps getting bigger
It is a process. Not just a one day thing.
@the eye, they say no pain no gain. U have to aim to that point where u start feeling pains in your body muscles, not chabe befu. Don’t give up, continue trying tho its hard.
The eye…if you dont change your diet as well, the six pack will remain in (under) “the cooler box”
Ba LT, the 100 push ups a day u posted a while ago is actually working for me. I feel like I’m back in my 20s (I’m in my 40s). Keep on informing us and keeping us healthy. Thanks..
Aaah weel, am happy with my 1 pack (pot belly)
1pack is terrible on both men and women and there is no excuse under the sun. Some positions are not accessible with a 1 pack
“it takes hardwork and dedication” whatever that means, i started some exercise last week and aready iam loosing focus,. feeling bored at the thought of ‘excercise’.
good article.. im gonna start working on my abs asap.,pot bellies r soo last season :P
1pack its not things_sivinthu!
To where with all that speed @EYE? At the belly reaches first in everything. Easy on the buzz and junk food and you will see positive results as you workout
A cask beats a six pack anyday
Abs are made in the kitchen with a diet not doing exercises as misconceived. We all have abs to see them you need to drop your % body fat for them to show. You can do a 100 crunches but if your diet is not good you’ll never see your abs.
Diet plays a role aswel, u can dododododo but if diet is too fatty no results.
Yaba I need to start that excerse yama push ups aswel, let me print it right now.
Comments are closed.