9.5 C
Alba Iulia
Saturday, July 11, 2020

Rulling on Kabimba and M’membe’s contempt of court case set for November 2

General News Rulling on Kabimba and M’membe's contempt of court case set for November...

Wynter Kabimba and The Post owner Fred M’membe
Wynter Kabimba and The Post owner Fred M’membe

THE Lusaka Magistrate’s Court yesterday deferred to November 2, this year, the ruling on whether or not Rainbow Party leader Wynter Kabimba and his co-accused Post Newspaper editor-in-chief Fred M’membe, have a case to answer in a matter they are facing contempt of court.

Kabimba and M’membe, together with the Post Newspaper, are facing criminal libel and contempt of court in relation to a published article concerning former Republican President Rupiah Banda.

The article was entitled ‘Lungu is framing Nchito to cover Rupiah’s criminality – Kabimba’, and was published in The Post Newspaper of February 13, last year.
The ruling on whether Mr Kabimba and Mr M’membe had a case to answer was scheduled for yesterday, but was adjourned to allow Mr Banda’s lawyers respond to written submissions made to the court by the alleged contemnors.

When the matter was called up, one of Mr Banda’s lawyers Keith Mweemba informed Principal Magistrate Kenneth Mulife that the case was scheduled for ruling on case to answer, but they were seeking an adjournment to enable them respond to Mr Kabimba, Mr M’membe and the Post submissions.

Mr Mweemba informed the court that he and three other lawyers for Mr Banda namely, Gilbert Phiri, Makebi Zulu and Jonas Zimba, had just been served with the alleged contemnors’ submissions.

He said instead of seeking seven days, they were only seeking three days and would file their submissions on Friday.

Mr Mulife told Kabimba and M’membe that there was miscommunication between Mr Banda and the alleged contemnors’ lawyers and as such he was adjourning the matter.

[Read 67 times, 1 reads today]

4 COMMENTS

Comments are closed.

- Advertisement -
Loading...
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Zambia Dodges FIFA Ban

The FIFA ban that was looming over Zambia today July, 10, 2020 has been averted after a tripartite agreement...

Micho Back To Work With FAZ Goalkeeping Course

The Chipolopolo technical bench led by coach Micho has begun to train over 60 local coaches in goalkeeping and video analysis. The exercise is taking...

Government Receives the First 8, 520 Tablets for Census Use, More Expected – PS Chabala

The Government of Zambia, through the Ministry of National Development Panning, has received the first 8, 520 tablets to be used in the 2020...

No Political Party is allowed to campaign in correctional facilities across the country-Inonge Wina

Vice President Inonge Wina says no political party is currently allowed to campaign in correctional facilities across the country. Mrs Wina says Government is not...

KCM Saying Caving in of ground at the Nchanga Open Pit happening as predicted

Konkola Copper Mines has announced that the Caving in of ground following slope instability within a section of the Nchanga Open Pit Cut 2...

More Articles In This Category

- Advertisement -
[Read 26 times, 1 reads today]