The terrifying story of a brother and sister who are sent to their grandparents’ remote Pennsylvania farm for a week long trip. Once the children discover that the elderly couple is involved in something deeply disturbing, they see their chances of getting back home are growing smaller every day.
- Very compelling story-line . It is interesting to see how the children react as their grandparents behavior gets increasingly erratic .
- Olivia DeJonge (Becca) and Ed Oxenbould (Tyler) did an excellent good in their performances .
- Deanna Dunagan also had a great performance as Nana . She displayed a wide array of emotions and switched from horror to dramatic scenes seamlessly .
- The movie is a mix of Horror , drama and a bit of comedy .
- The pace of the movie was too slow .
Olivia DeJonge (Becca): Mom, there’s something wrong with Nana and Papa.
Mom: They’re just OLD!
Grandma: Would you mind getting inside the oven to clean it?
As far as horror movies go , this one was not so scary . The trailer was more scary than the actual movie . With that said , it is still a pretty riveting movie . It has simple but very interesting story line , that gets more and more intriguing as it goes on . There is a huge twist in the movie which legitimately shocked me , i did not see it coming at all .
The story is very original and plays on the mystique of old age . It will leave you looking sideways at your aging grandparents LOL .
3 out of 5